Recent resutls of the group of Dr. Mikhail Beklemishev
New prospects of determination of polyelectrolytes with nanostructures have been explored. The first approach is based on the formation of nanoparticles aggregates in the presence of the analyte, a cationic polyelectrolyte. This approach allowed solving the problem of determining low concentrations polyhexamethylene guanidine (PHMG), a cationic disinfectant. PHMG causes the aggregation of silver nanoparticles, which increases the intensity of Rayleigh scattering in solution. Another approach to the determination of charged polymers is based on the formation of mixed aggregates with magnetic and fluorescent nanoparticles. PHMG bound into such aggregates was separated from the excess of QDs with a magnet and determined by the intensity of fluorescence. The developed methodology for determining PGMG in waters feature wider linear ranges and lower detection limits than all known optical methods for determining PGMG.
One more approach is based on the aggregation of synthetic polyelectrolyte molecules by the analyte, which is observed by Rayleigh scattering spectroscopy. The method for the determination of antibiotic amikacin is based on its covalent binding to a pre-prepared reagent, a N-hyrdoxysuccinimidyl ether of an anionic polymer. The determination of amikacin is feasible without any separation step in the presence of large amounts of inorganic salts and nitrogen-containing compounds, as well as comparable amounts of protein. The fourth approach allows us to determine a bifunctional analyte (malondialdehyde, MDA) at mg/L level due to the formation of its triple covalent aggregates ("sandwiches") with the nanoparticles (silica) and a fluorophore (ethylenediamino-fluorescein) followed by separation of "sandwiches" from the excess of the fluorophore by centrifugation with subsequent fluorimetric determination of MDA. Determination of MDA is not interfered by comparable concentrations of sulfamethoxazole, sulfadiazine, piracetam and chloramphenicol; protein interferes.
Recent publications of the laboratory
- Muginova S.V., Galimova A.Z., Poliakov A.E., Shekhovtsova T.N. Hydrophilic ionic liquids as novel reaction media for the determination of guaiacol using horseradish and soybean peroxidases. // Mendeleev Commun. 2011. V. 21. P. 97–98.
- Poliakov A.E., Dumshakova V., Muginova S.V., Shekhovtsova T.N. A peroxidase-based method for the determination of dopamine, adrenaline, and α-methyldopa in the presence of thyroid hormones in pharmaceutical forms. // Talanta. 2011. V. 84. P. 710-716.
- Poliakov A.E., Muginova S.V., Shekhovtsova T.N. Determination of catecholamines in pharmaceutical formulations. Review. // Top. Anal. Chem. 2011. V. 8. P.51-75.
- Malinina L.I., Rodionov P.V.,Veselova I.A., Shekhovtsova T.N. Novel applications of chitosan. // Advances in Chitin Sciences. V. XI. P. 309–312.
- Rodionov P.V., Veselova I.A., Shekhovtsova T.N. A solid phase fluorescent bio-sensor for the determination of phenolic compounds and peroxides in samples with complex matrices. // Bioanal. Chem. 2014. V. 406. No 5. P. 1531–1540.
- Sidorov A.V., Vashkinskaya O.E., Grigorieva A.V., Shekhovtsova T., Veselova I.A., Goodilin E.A. Entrapment into charge transfer complexes for resonant Raman scattering enhancement. // Chemical Communications. Royal Society of Chemistry (United Kingdom). V. 50. No 49. P. 6468–
- Kryvshenko G.A., Apel P. Yu., Abramchuk S.S., Beklemishev M.K. A highly permeable membrane for separation of quercetin obtained by nickel(II) ion-mediated molecular imprinting. // Sci. Technol. 2012. Vol. 47. No 12. P. 1715–1724.
- Artemyeva A.A., Samarina T.O., Sharov A.V., Abramchuk S.S., Ovcharenko E.O., Dityuk A.I., Efimov K.M., Beklemishev M.K. Highly Sensitive Determination of Poly(hexamethylene Guanidine) by Rayleigh Scattering Using Aggregation of Silver Nanoparticles. Acta, 2015, vol. 182 (5–6), pp. 965–973. doi: 10.1007/s00604-014-1411-6.
- Konstantin V. Likhachev, Elena O. Ovcharenko, Alexander I. Dityuk, Sergei S. Abramchuk, Konstantin M. Efimov, and Mikhail K. Beklemishev. Fluorescent Determination of Poly(hexamethylene Guanidine) via the Aggregates it Forms with Quantum Dots and Magnetic Nanoparticles. Microchim. Acta. 2016. 183(3). P. 1079-1087. DOI: 10.1007/s00604-015-1720-4.
- Liliya O. Usoltseva, Tatiana O. Samarina, Sergei S. Abramchuk, Aleksandra F. Prokhorova, Mikhail K. Beklemishev. Selective Rayleigh Light Scattering Determination of Trace Quercetin with Silver Nanoparticles. Journal of Luminescence, 2016, vol. 179, pp. 438-444. DOI: 10.1016/j.jlumin.2016.07.020
- Filenko I. A. , S. V. Golodukhina, L. O. Usol’tseva, E. M. Adamova, and M. K. Beklemishev. Covalent Binding and Fluorimetric Determination of Dialdehydes Using Aminated Silica Nanoparticles and Ethylenediamine Fluorescein. J. Analyt. Chem., 2017, vol. 72, No 9, pp. 977–985. DOI: 10.1134/S1061934817090040.
Nikolai N. Divyanin, Anastasiya V. Razina, Elizaveta A. Rukosueva, Andrei V. Garmash, Mikhail K. Beklemishev. Discrimination of 2-3-component mixtures of organic analytes by a “fluorescent tongue”: A pilot study. Microchemical Journal 135 (2017) 48–54.DOI: 10.1016/j.microc.2017.08.002.